Thursday, October 2, 2014

PARIS ON FILM // P A R T O N E

I can't believe it has already been a year since my wonderful trip to Paris with my Mom. It was one of those trips that totally meets and surpasses all of your expectations of it. Paris is so hyped and romanticized but it absolutely lives up to its reputation. I had so much fun wondering the streets, taking in all the sights, all the coffee breaks people watching and of course the wonderful memories made with my Mom. Here's hoping I can make it back there one day with Christopher. 

In the meantime, I am so happy to always have these photos to look back on and share for the rest of my life. I present to you, in a series of short posts, Paris on Film. 

If you are curious, all of these images were taken with either a Canon AE 1 and Portra or HP5 film, a Polaroid Land Camera 195 and expired Polaroid film or a Polaroid 680 camera and an assortment of original Polaroid 600 film or Impossible Project films.






















We got into Paris reasonably early, but were sooo jet lagged that we decided to take a nap and go wander around afterwards. The nap was much needed and refreshing. When we woke up we bought some chocolate croissants and coffee (and copious amounts of sugar, people made fun of us the entire trip!) and made our way to the Eiffel Tower. We got there as the sun was gearing to set. It was amazing to watch the sunset over the entire city. I mean, truly a dream. We hung out on the lawn in front of the tower (or behind it?) until it sparkled! I had heard about that but it seemed very cheesy and I wasn't too excited about it but when you see that beautiful landmark shimmering it's like nothing else you've ever seen. So glad we went at the time we did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment