Wednesday, September 29, 2010

BIRD DOWN

Dead birds...


This week I've come across two pretty little dead birds, one day after another. It seems like there should be some kind of meaning to that, but I'm not sure what. I hope this doesn't sound extremely creepy but I think dead birds are so interesting- when they aren't splattered all over the street of course. Perhaps because I can finally get a close look and see all the pretty little details that are hard to see while they soar in the skies.

My head is begging me to lay it down to rest so off I go to the land of nod!

xo

2 comments:

  1. During Migration Many hit windows of buildings and Skyscrapers. This looks like a Juvenile Yellow Bellied Sapsucker. Many fly through the city during Migration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't realize you were a bird wizard of I would have asked you sooner! This bird was so pretty. It looked so delicate laying there on a corner of Michigan Ave. It's so sad that they run into buildings :(

    ReplyDelete