Thursday, October 7, 2010

FEAR OF THE SELF PORTRAIT

moi


I am sooo intimidated by a camera.  It is so hard for me to look right into that mechanical pupil and not feel like bursting into dust and seeping into the ground. Seriously. I had to take this one for something I'll share with you soon (which I am very excited about!) but it wasn't with much hesitation and procrastination that this here photograph got made.

I am so happy about some internet love I've received the past few days.  Yesterday my creative little momma friend, Cara wrote a little ditty about my shop on her blog.  Thank you Cara!! If you want to be inspired by cute videos, amazing online finds, great quotes and general awesomeness do yourself a favor and peep her blog.  Cara is not only a talented and candid writer but also a crafter extraordinaire. Take a look at her affordable and very cute wares!

Today one of my besties fowarded me an email from Etsy that had featured one of my cards.  I was so thrilled!! You can see the email here if you're interested.

There is so much to look forward to right now.

-Helping one of my best friends with her wedding plans.
-My upcoming trip to Florida next week and the prospect of seeing old friends!
-Christopher & Trevor's tour next month.
-The new Impossible Project Film that just came out.
-Enjoying the wonderful weather Chicago is currently entertaining with my camera.

...just to name a few.

What are you looking forward to?

6 comments:

  1. I love the photo and understand a sentiment. I also love how often you end with questions. I am looking forward to seeing you--in the not too distant future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy you have the uncanny ability to write exactly when I'm thinking of you. I've been meaning to text you to see when we can hang out again! My weekend is pretty busy but do you want to get together for dinner one night next week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuz, you're the prettiest one!

    I'm looking forward to.... my date tonight, with an Irishman! Uh oh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are beautiful! I love that photo. I wish we were going to be in florida at the same time...we're going for thanksgiving. I'm nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to some excellent Thai food tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cuz- Didn't realize you had a blog! Date with an Irishman, do tell how it went.

    KCart- You are beautiful! Thanks for the photo compliments, Tessa told me I looked like an adult woman and it made me feel weird! Haha. Thanksgiving in Florida actually sounds really nice. It's going to be fun, don't sweat it. I hope you're around when we're in New York in November!

    Kam- Thai food is SO yummy. I like Pad Kee Mao the best, what's your favorite dish?

    ReplyDelete