Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2011 ON HP5


Friday my brother-in-law and I developed some film in my tiny bathroom. We both waited way too long to develop the rolls and couldn't remember what was on them, which turned out to be pretty fun because of the surprise factor. My six rolls were from throughout the year. Two rolls were test rolls from my Diana Mini (which I love because it makes square images on 35mm) and the other four were a mish mash from throughout the year. I thought it was a fun year in review!

I had photos from an underwater camera from a trip to Las Vegas from last year, so many photos of a jaunt we took with friends out to the lake in the middle of a blizzard where we got something like 12 feet of snow earlier this year, photos from my train trip with my Mom to DC to see my Polaroids exhibited for the first time (which was really fun and exciting!), summer fun pictures by the lake and at the park for a free Blonde Redhead show with friends, my most recent trip to NYC where we saw Wicked and of course made a trip to The Impossible Project space, and some random photos from around our home.

2011 has been wonderful, with the exception of losing two of our dear bunnies, but there are so many fun memories to remember 2011 by. I'm looking forward to 2012 and all the adventures it holds!

XO

P.S.

If you want to develop your own black and white film, take a peek at my tutorial here! It seems a little intimidating, but it's really easy! Give it a try. I like to shoot Ilford HP5 b&w film (it is inexpensive and forgiving!). I use Lomography's "digitaliza" to scan in my film with the sprockets. I just got an Epson V600 scanner and I'm in love. I was using an Epson 4490, which is a great scanner that also scans film but the V600 scans instant film newton ring free, which definitely eases the pains of scanning! Okay, I'm done rambling!

6 comments:

  1. i absolutely love that you scanned the contact sheets. so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodi! I wish I would have made real contact sheets, I use the Lomo "digitiza" so you can see the sprockets when I scan my negatives. That's what you're seeing here! Pretty cool eh?

      Delete
  2. These pictures are so neat! So much fun we had this year. I kind of hope for a big blizzard in January 2012! (And then sunny spring from February and on...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe the amount of snow we have NOT had this year?! What the heck, I was hoping to dive into snow with you guys again this year! Let's hang out soon!

      Delete
  3. I kind of love it when I've forgotten what is on a roll of film. It's the best surprise ever to rediscover photos you took. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! It's pretty crazy that I waited that long to develop the roll though because I typically can't wait to see what I've shot!

      Delete