Saturday, August 11, 2012

SMELL YA LATER, STUFF!


Today I'm a bag of mixed feelings. I want to purge EVERYTHING in my closet and just start from scratch. I have some things I've been hanging onto for sentimental reasons, somethings I'm hoping to one day fit into again, and somethings that I'm waiting for the perfect occasion to wear. I like having a variety of clothes but I can't stand the idea of having something and not using it. Plus I get such a rush from getting rid of things. I like getting that weight off my closets' shoulders. 

Plus, everyone is starting to talk about Autumn. Already?! I should get rid of everything but basics and start all over again! 

Am I alone here?

XO

4 comments:

  1. i do the same thing every season! i get a bigger high from unloading stuff than probably anything else. sigh -- i have, on occasion, regretted it. but usually not. i just wish that the feeling lasted so i didn't spend money on tons of stuff before getting the next purge-urge. i just like change a lot -- i guess. but the idea of a clothing "uniform" of sorts is constantly appealing to me as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anda! Thank you for leaving a little comment! I'm totally with you. I want to revamp my wardrobe every season, but I'm learning to just buy basics and then each season I can get a few accent trendy things. This way I don't have to majorly overhaul. Luckily for me I tend to favor more classic trends so I don't have anything too ridiculous in my closet!

      Delete
  2. I'm in the same boat right now. I haven't been able to buy new clothes for years, but at the end of the month I'm going shopping in the city and I'm re-vamping EVERYTHING. So I'm starting to get rid of anything that doesn't fit right, that I don't feel fantastic in, that is worn out, and I'm going start building a wardrobe of stuff that makes me feel awesome. :D (Or at least that's the plan. A whole day of trying on clothes and clothes shopping might end with me in tears and not a single piece of new clothing... we'll see.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley! That sounds so fun. I love the idea of a shopping spree! Load up on basics! That's the lesson life is teaching me. Do you guys have H&M's there? I've gotten a plethora of things there that I've worn for a few years now. Let me know how your shopping spree goes!

      Delete