Thursday, December 20, 2012

INSTAGRAM VS BLOG


Is it just me or has Instagram taken over social media?

I have always been a visual, photocentric person so when Instagram I was really hoping it would catch on. And it did! Up until then Twitter had been my favorite form of social media, outside of blogs. I loved to read my favorite blogs, then follow the blogger on Twitter and interact with them both through comments and Tweets. It seems to me as though Instagram has really changed the game a bit though. Although I'm still a huge fan of Twitter I feel as though I read my favorite blogs less and less- mostly because bloggers are micro blogging their content via Instagram. Why should I read the blog post when I already saw pictures of the content with brief descriptions via Instagram? People are even setting up shops on Instagram!

In my opinion, Instagram is a great way to share pieces of your life with people, which is what blogs were originally for. An online diary of sorts, that has changed here and here through the years but ultimately a blog was a way to share whatever it is you had to say with others. Now it seems like Instagram is a much more effective way of doing just thought...and with pictures that can be edited within the app! I mean, it doesn't get much easier than that!

I personally still love my blog. I know it's a place to write more than a sentence or two about something and still a place to reflect for me but I've found that there is so much more interaction and community on Instagram.

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear some opinions about were you think blogs will go from here. Oh if you're on Instagram, follow me - @xoazuree !

XO


No comments:

Post a Comment