I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed with inspiration today. Really I'm trying to manage seeing the success of those my age or younger and feeling excited that anything you put your mind to is possible and feeling bummed that I haven't exactly found my path yet. It all weighs in so heavy some days and today was one of those days. C'est la Vie! I just need to take all that inspiration and do something with it instead of losing myself online like I tend to do. Focus, I believe it's called.
That being said, I looked back at my 30 things to do before 30 list and I've been able to cross some of those things off. Here's an update:
1- shoot a roll of film a week does a photo a week count?
2- scan in all of my negatives (holy cow) haven't even tried!
3- visit friends in Europe still a possibility
4- take the remaining 3 classes I need for my degree hmmm
5- keep learning French oui!
7- learn to cook a few meals working on it
9- write more letters I have in a project in mind for this.
11- work on two new calendars I am working on one so I won't cross this off just yet.
12- get a lomo lca (I want one so badly!) Still looking..
13- blog once a week HA! Twice a month at best, but there's time for improvement.
15- create books with keepsakes from our trips I am truly optimistic that this will get done...
16- make a phone photo book ...and this...
17- make a phone photo book for tessa ...and this..
19- portraits of my family in puerto rico Possible.
20- go to puerto rico! I should have put this on my list before the previous one.
21- photograph the houses I lived in in Florida Oh I hope I can! I'll def be in FL two more times before Nov.
22- get out to the wonderful Chicago museums more Needs work.
24- look people in the eye more during conversations I have made great stride here but won't cross it off yet.
25- teach our rabbits tricks (it's possible!) I feel this is going to be the hardest thing on the list.
26- visit Mel & Juls in San Francisco Very hopeful we can train trip out to California this summer.
27- explore more neighborhoods Not yet, but Spring is afoot!
30- read a book a month Not even close but I have started reading three books...
I still have a ways to go in achieving my goals but I am really hoping to do so.
One thing I should have written on my list and haven't is taking photos of my tattoos. I have a small collections of random pieces that I want to photograph before my body falls completely apart (that's what happens on your 30th birthday right?!) but have no idea how to go about it! The idea of noodz terrifies me and I don't think it's the way I want to go but I do want to share my lovely little pieces of artwork, I adore them so much and often forget I have them until someone else points them out! Perhaps that can be a summer goal.
Another short list, if you'll allow me:
- Take a look at Words To Shoot By. This weeks word was tree and I LOVE all the contributions!
- If you're in the Portland area sign up for one or all of these classes! I believe they will be wonderous and I'm so jealous I can't go!
- This little ladies entire Flickr stream makes me long for Paris camera in hand.
- If you are looking for a unique gift for someone please please consider purchasing a print from To Mama With Love. They are beautiful, affordable and all proceeds are going to a beautiful charity. Read more about it here.
- If you, like me, are a true lover of bunny rabbits take a peek at a book that was just released with photos of our 3 bunnies in it! All proceeds made by the book go to House Rabbit Society so consider gifting one to a bunny lovin friend (like me!) or to your coffee table!
- Lastly, don't forget to grab a print or little card from my shop (and help support my PX680 habit!).
Wow just writing this post has made me feel so much better. Thank you internetz for existing. You crippled my ambitions momentarily, allowed me to vent and have brought me back to my happy place all in a few hours.
I hope everyone is having lovely spring dayz!