Monday, February 21, 2011

A LOVE // A GHOST

a rabbit ghost <3


What a weekend. I just wrote an entire post where I told the details of it and how it was one heck of a roller coaster but really all of that doesn't matter. The bottom line of this weekend is that we had to put down my darling pet bunny of 7 1/2 years, Mister Peter Jennings. I didn't realize how much of an impact the loss of a pet could make on our lives! Christopher and I have been weepy all weekend, really missing him already. He was just such a joy in our lives. We're eternally grateful that we have our other two bunnies Franny & Zooey that have also been keeping us on our toes but Peter was just such a character and he is so dearly missed.

I guess I am mostly surprised just how grief stricken losing him has made us. On a brighter note, it is incredible how a tiny little animal can bring you so much joy. Here's to Peter and all the love he brought into our lives and to all the little creatures we hold so dear to our hearts! 

XO


5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh. i am so very sorry for your loss. it is tremendous to lose these family members. i know your pain as we face losing our english bulldog who is fighting cancer.

    hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about PJ. Losing a pet is harder than we imagine it to be sometimes. I've never been wild about the 2 cats we had, but losing one of them has made me appreciate the other one (as annoying as she can be sometimes). Things wouldn't be the same without them.

    Great post. I think it's something that many people can relate to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so sorry to hear of your loss! Losing a pet is so difficult. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh dear, i am so so sorry!
    give little bunny hugs to franny and zooey for me. love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for your kind words and for your thoughts. Still crazy to think of the effect a little critter can have on your life! XO

    ReplyDelete