Friday, February 28, 2014

WHAT'S IN MY BAG?





If you're a curious creature like me, you often wonder what kind of gear different professionals use to make the art they make. As a photographer, I always want to know what lens my favorite photographers use or what their go to camera system is for when they travel. As such, I thought I'd show everyone what's in my bag! 

I shoot with a Canon 6D and have a Canon 5D as a backup. My lens kit includes the Canon 50 f/1.4 which is on the body in this picture, Canon 35 f/1.4 L, Canon 85 f/1.8, and Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L. I try to use natural light when possible but when flash is needed I have a Canon 600 EX Flash. I also have a Canon 580EX II that I use Pocket Wizards with when I need off camera flash. My lighting kit is minimal but I've found it very effective for a variety of situations. 

I also have a teenie reflector I carry around that comes in handy when shooting details, food, and portraits. It is so small and cute! Also pictured are is a set up Eneloop batteries which are definitely my go to rechargeable battery. They don't get as hot as most batteries so they let me flash cycle faster and I've found them to be long lasting. The only down side is they take quite a bit of time to recharge, but otherwise I am obsessed with them! 

My most used lenses at the moment are the Canon 35 f/1.4 L and Canon 50 f/1.4. Those lenses can get me through just about anything. The 70-200 I mostly use for wedding ceremonies and then to capture candids at the reception. I would say it's my least used lens, but it definitely serves its purpose. 

The second set up of cameras you see are my film cameras. These are usually the ones that come on trips with me and that I use alternatively to shoot all of my personal work. The Land Camera 195 shoots pack film, you probably have one that looks just like it laying around your house. The beauty about this camera is that it is fully manual which gives me A LOT of flexibility when shooting. Next to it is a Canon AE that I actually found curbside in a box of things waiting to get picked up by the garbage man. It was in mint condition and it has been one of my favorite cameras to shoot with since I got it, about ten years ago! The Polaroid 680 is probably one of my most used film cameras. I love it! It is what I shoot almost all of my Polaroid and Impossible film on. Next to it is the Contax T2. This is the newest member of the film camera family and it has quickly become my go to 35mm camera. It is easy to use, makes great images and has a Carl Zeiss lens. 

You might have noticed that three of my cameras have the same leather straps. I love them! They are from Gordy's Straps. They are light but sturdy and really, really good looking! 

I carry my cameras in my Union Street Ona bag, which I LOVE. You can see a post about that beauty here

No comments:

Post a Comment