Thursday, July 17, 2014

PUERTO RICO // PART TWO


















Puerto Rico part two. 

La Isla Del Encanto is well known for having sexy beaches but they also, gorgeous mountains. I had so much fun just riding in the car while my Mom drove us around so many different mountains. My favorites are "Las Tetas De Cayay", which translates into "The Boobies of Cayey", my Mom has always pointed them out to me since I was a little girl! Can you spot the picture above? 

It was so neat to see fields of plantains trees all over the island, always closer to the water. Can you tell I have a thing for palm trees? I completely took them for granted when I lived in Florida and now that I've been in Chicago for 7 years I am obsessed! See also: finding VW bugs and buses. I started an album of them on Flickr. 

PS How cute are my Mom and Aunts lounging in the natural hot springs pool?! 




1 comment:

  1. I've never lived somewhere with palm trees. I suppose there was some in Vancouver in pots, but it's not the same. I love how different areas of the world are so distinguishable by the silhouettes of their trees.

    ReplyDelete