Monday, July 15, 2013

EMULSION L I F T S


Earlier this year I tried Polaroid emulsion lifts for the first time. I've always thought they would be hard to do and was surprised at how easy and fun it was, so I thought I'd put together a little step by step guide to making instant film lifts! 

The Impossible Project sells a really rad kit to help you get started. The materials used in this tutorial all come in the Creative Kit. 

















Pretty easy right?! Here are a few things to keep in mind, make sure the water isn't too hot. The Creative Kit comes with a thermometer to help you keep track. Once the film is out of the hot water it is very delicate so handle it with care from there on it. I loved the film holder! It made transferring the lift to the paper so easy.

The awesome folks at The Impossible Project gave me a Creative Kit & a set of Creative Cards to give away to one lucky person looking to try something different with their instant images! Enter to win by reblogging this if you're on Tumblr or leaving a comment with your email address! I'll pick a winner at random Monday, July 22nd. 

Happy Polaroid Week

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment